Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not so Rococo 1860's Dress Project

I will need to complete this project in the next 2 weeks in preparation for an event Dec 5th. It will be an 1860s gown for a Christmas event in the Historical District. I just quickly went out and purchased a pattern and faux silk taffeta from Joann's. As usual I was saddened by the assortment of fabric (not sure if I will make it to the fabric warehouse this weekend). I was hoping for a red or green low luster taffeta of some sort but settled on a maroon and black plaid type. I haven't bought the trim yet. I'm not a big fan of fringe but will probably give in and get some on Saturday. I was hoping to make it a little more Christmasy in some way...hmmm...... I am additionally excited about this event because my sweet fiance said he would come in costume!!!! Unfortunately I don't think I will have time to make him something from scratch so I think I will make a stop at goodwill this week. I will probably alter a vest and coat to make it more period appropriate. Last things to look for: Possible corset on ebay and a top hat for my sweet. YAY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's going to be great! I'm so excited that you are going to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it! and yay for moving the date out! Now an extra week to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your blog it charms and entertains. Thanks for sharing.
    All the very best.

    ReplyDelete